Living life on a budget

Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

NYX Lip Cream Loving




Over the past few months/year, matte lipsticks have become so popular and now it is the time for the liquid matte lipsticks. I have tried several matte lipsticks, loved almost all of them and find myself reaching for those over a normal lipstick any day. But liquid matte lipsticks? Never tried them until now!After seeing practically every blogger and youtuber ordering and reviewing the Kylie Lip Kits and also being tempted to spend a ridiculous amount on one myself, I made it my mission to find a cheap alternative. And I think I did.

I realise I can't really give an honest comparison between the NYX lip creams and the Kylie Jenner lip kits, however from all the reviews I have read and watched, I feel I have a good understanding of what they are roughly like. And, for me why would you spend a whole load of money on something, when you could buy much cheaper alternative? Although the lip kits only work out to be about £20 each, you also have to pay a lot for postage and then even more for customs, which makes them pretty damn pricey.

The NYX lip creams create a very pigmented, matte lip just like the Kylie lip kits. They come in a variety of shades, including a load of nude shades. After a lot of humming and ahhing I decided on two very different colours, Morocco (22) which is a VERY bright red and Stockholm (02) which is a nude pink/brown. And I LOVE them both. They are really pigmented after the first application, however I usually go over the first layer again when it is still a bit wet, just to cover any patches and neaten it up.

I found that these lip creams lasted fairly well, however I did need to reapply a couple of times throughout the day, meaning they don't last anywhere near as well as the Kylie Lip Kits seem to. After reapplying the lip cream a couple of times, I found it didn't apply so well and didn't look smooth. I also found that they were quite drying to the lips. However, all the matte lip products I have tried in the past have been made my lips dry and I know this is a common problem.

Although there are a couple of negatives, I would definitely recommend spending £5.50 to try one of NYX's lip creams. I chose two "safe" colours that I often wear and knew I would like, however I will be going back a purchasing some new shades very soon! 

P.s You can find the NYX lip creams on Asos and Feel Unique where students can get 10%, making them even cheaper!

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATIE PRIMROSE.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig