Living life on a budget

Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

Let's Talk | Conquering my fear of heights








For me, doing something slightly crazy, that is out of my comfort zone whilst raising a load of money for charity has become a bit of an obsession. Not only do I get to do some amazing things, I also get to choose a charity to support and donate a load of money to. There is nothing better than knowing that you have done something and helped an amazing charity carry on doing what they do. 

Two years ago I faced my fear of heights by jumping out of a plane 1300 ft above the ground and doing a skydive. I decided to raise money for Beat, an amazing charity that supports those with eating disorders. It was my first ever major fundraising event and to say I enjoyed it would be a huge understatement. For anyone questioning whether they would like to do a skydive, take the plunge (literally) and book it! It was the most amazing experience and I will never, ever forget it. 

Yesterday I faced my fear of heights again and jumped/was pushed off a 160ft crane, this time attached to a piece of elastic and my boyfriend, James. As a student child nurse I see too many terminally ill children and often hear about the amazing work of Make A Wish Foundation, which is why James and I decided to raise money for them. We ended up reaching and exceeding our target of £300, raising an amazing £500! For some reason I was even more nervous about doing the bungee jump compared to the skydive, however it was an equally amazing experience, just a lot quicker! 

So yeah, I kind of love doing crazy things and raising loads money for charity. I feel I have started a tradition of doing something every other year now, so my plan is to start training and run a marathon in 2 years. It will be a HUGE challenge and something that will take a lot of time and effort, but I am determined and trust me once I have my mind set on something, I will do it. 

Have you ever done something crazy to raise money for charity?

P.S If you would like, please head over to our JustGiving page and donate a couple of pounds to the amazing Make A Wish foundation- every penny counts!  

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATIE PRIMROSE.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig