Living life on a budget

Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

Lunch at GAIL's



Yesterday James and I decided to spend our Saturday wandering around London, discovering new places. This is definitely one of our favourite things to do. Instead of heading to the main, popular London attractions, which would be crazy busy on a Saturday, we wander around the quieter parts. Doing this, we often find some hidden gems, and yesterday we stumbled upon GAIL's Artisan Bakery at Exmouth Market (Nearest station: Angel). As soon as I walked in the door, I knew this was a perfect blogging opportunity, so I got my camera out and started snapping straight away. 



Being boring, James and I both went for the same tomato, mozzarella, rocket and homemade pesto ciabatta, and boy was it delicious! Not only did it taste (and look) amazing, it was fresh and you could tell it had recently been made. The more I discover these independent cafes and bakeries that sell super fresh food, the less I like places like Costa and Starbucks that sell overpriced food that isn't fresh and is most likely full of preservatives. 






Being greedy (and after seriously enjoying the ciabatta), we then decided to get something sweet. James picked the huge slice carrot cake with cream cheese icing and I opted for the chocolate chip muffin. I can honestly say it was the best muffin I have ever eaten, it was so light and full of delicious chocolate. From what I tried of James' carrot cake, that was equally as amazing, and again, probably the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. Like the ciabatta, you could tell how fresh they were. 





When we first walked in, we both thought it was a bit pricey, the ciabatta being almost £5 each. But after the first mouthful we no longer cared as they were 120% worth it. Whether you are looking for a spot of lunch, a quick cuppa, or even some bread for later, I would definitely recommend a visit to this cute bakery (there's a load of GAIL's bakeries dotted around London). I will be returning very very soon. 

Have you ever discovered an amazing cafe or bakery in London?

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATIE PRIMROSE.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig