Living life on a budget

Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

DIY | Desk Transformation








Now I have finished university for the summer, I finally have more time to actually do things without feeling guilty for not doing work. So one afternoon last week I decided to upgrade my ugly orange coloured pine desk, by sanding it down and re-painting it (I'd been meaning to do this ever since I bought it last year)

I am so so glad I did, because I absolutely love how it's turned out and I can't wait to find time to do the same to other pieces of furniture in my room. 

It only took a few hours and the worst part was definitely sanding it down (I mainly left this part to James), but painting it was so satisfying and it only took an hour or two. 

I used Rust-Oleum furniture paint in the colour 'Duck Egg' for the bottom half of the desk and then just waxed the top with Rust-Oleum finishing wax. The paint was really easy to apply and even though it said it would take 4 hours to dry and be ready for another layer, by the time we'd finished painting the desk and the drawers it was already completely dry and ready for another coat. We ended up applying 2 coats as there was no need for anymore. The paint has a matte and chalky finish, which I love and I think it looks so good. 

We changed the knobs to these pretty turquoise patterned ones, which improve the overall look of the desk. 


Have you got any summer projects waiting to be done?

1 comment

  1. Wow it looks so great now! I love the colours you chose :)

    ReplyDelete

© KATIE PRIMROSE.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig